The ride Leaves Birdsville QLD on Monday the 31st of August 2020 and will be 5 days duration (with 1 extra day saved as a contingency), returning to Birdsville on Friday the 4th September 2020 for a BBQ and party (unless the overrun day is used).
You will need to be in Birdsville one full day before the rider briefing/scrutineering day (Arrive no later then Saturday night 29th August 2020)
Registration Fees are $3000 per rider plus GST. (so, A$3300 total)
Ride inclusions are:
- 5 days fully supported ride across the Simpson desert, twice. Each rider will be provided a small Frontline Safari branded bag and tent which will be the bag you will pack your personal belongings into (so pack light!) – NO SWAGS OR PERSONAL BAGS WILL BE CARRIED.
- Full Mechanical & recovery support, limited spare parts.
- Medical Support
- Fully catered with exceptional meals, beverages and alcohol
- Fully supported event with commercial operational support by Australia’s leading adventure companies supporting the Frontline Safari 2020.
Important: see the FAQ note below about the Expression of Interest process.
Above all else, you’ll need to bring a good ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to roll with the punches. Adventure riding is exactly that “adventure”. This is a charity event operating under some pretty adverse & challenging conditions for all. You should ask for help if you need it and be prepared to give help when asked. You should be open and willing to take direction from event organisers, You should also proactively prepare yourself and your equipment well before the event.
Aside from that….
- Your bike and spares (see the FAQ section “You & Your Bike”)
- Camping Gear: if you have mates doing the ride with you, suggest you share the load between yourselves. Only what can fit into your provided kit bags and your saddle bags/backpack (If utilised/carried)
- On & off-bike clothing.
- Accommodation before and after the event in Birdsville
- Transport to and from Birdsville.
- NOTE: It is the event attendees responsibility to organise accommodation, fuel, food, water prior to and after the event. On the morning of (event start) all attendees MUST arrive with fully fuelled bikes-Fuel will be provided from that point on.
- A fully serviceable Enduro/Light Adventure bike, serviced motor, new air filter, new chain and sprockets with relatively new tyres, One spare tube for each tyre (spare tubes will be made available during the event).
- An enduro bike/light adventure bike with a minimum range capacity of 250km’s (long range tanks and bladders a MUST)
- A water carrying capacity (minimum) of 6 litres to be carried on your person each day and checked each morning by event staff.
This will be a tough ride for tough people. Do not underestimate the challenge of crossing 1100 Outback dunes in unpredictable weather. So….
(Online bookings require four/six weeks notice before pass arrives in mail) Parks Passes can also be purchased at the Birdsville roadhouse prior to the ride event. Riders are strongly encouraged to pre-organise parks passes prior to attending. The road house does not always have Parks Passes available for differing reasons. Event riders are strongly encouraged to carry the SA Simpson Desert parks pass on their person at all times during the event-Large fines apply if caught without one- The event organisers will not police nor will we take responsibility for attendees caught without the SA Simpson Deserts Parks Pass YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED)
Riders can bring and carry their own pannier bags and equipment and test their ability to ride the desert fully loaded. The support vehicles will be there to take panniers and bags from riders if needed (at the end of the ride day).
Note: for the 2020 Frontline Safari, riders caught by the sweep vehicles will have their day of riding ended and their bike and equipment collected and moved into the support sweep vehicles until the next camp. Attending Riders will be provided a goodies bag a day prior to the event start, this goodies bag will be the only bag taken on the ride within the support vehicles. Whatever you can fit within the provided bag is all that you will be permitted to bring on the ride.
Small 1 man tents will be provided (for free) for you to pack within your goodies bag. Attendees may bring their own 1/2 man tent as long as it can fit within the provided riders goodies bag. No exceptions will be made to this rule. Non compliance means “NO GO”. Space within the support vehicles is limited so pack smart and pack light.
If riders wish to ride slick (unloaded) they can. However, we will not carry saddle bags from the get go. If attending riders start the event with saddle bags on they MUST carry them until the next camp site.
You must keep a minimum of 6 litres of water on your person during the ride. This will be topped up every day during the event. Water will be available during the day from the support vehicles and along the route via clearly marked water jerrys which will be placed at each turn sign along the event route. You will have no shortage of water. Every rider will be checked each day to ensure they start the day fully loaded with the required 6 litres of water (minimum) No exceptions. Non Compliance means no ride. How event attendees (riders) choose to carry said water is up to the individual rider. A combination of water bladders and bottles can work.
No. It’s not; but we strongly encourage you to reach out to family and friends to seek sponsorships. What you’re considering doing is pretty extraordinary and you should be rewarded for it by family and friends. All funds raised through your GiveEasy Campaign will go directly to Soldier On. check out fundraising options here
This is important. Please read and understand
Submitting an expression of interest doesn’t guarantee you a spot on the ride. We have already had a lot of interest and rider spots are limited to strictly 45 spots.
The process will be as follows:
- Expressions of Interest opened on 27th January 2020 and will remain open until midnight on 31st July 2020.
- Due to increased sponsorship in 2020 we no longer need to enforce strict (early) expression of interest and ticket purchase dates. Expressions of interest (EOI’s) will remain open to all riders until 31st July 2020. EOI and ticket purchases will close at midnight on the 31st July 2020. Riders that have sent in their EOI’s will need to pay a $500 deposit which will be non-refundable after the 04th May 2020.
- The remaining amount ($2800.00) will be required by the 31st July 2020. If payment is not received within 24 hours of ticket/EOI closure your position will be forfeited and the deposit will not be refunded.
Payment is to be remitted to:
Bank : National Australia Bank (NAB),
Account Name: Frontline Safaris
Account BSB: 082-356
Account No. 87-659-6179
Payees to reference “Full Name” when making payments.
For issues with payment, or special circumstances please contact Clay at email@example.com to discus.
We’ve had heaps of questions about the refunds policy. Fair enough….Good question.
Due to the early booking and order requirements for fuel, medical teams and equipment and catering no refunds can be made within 120 days of the event starting